Talking with your doctor builds trust and leads to better results, quality, safety, and satisfaction. Your health is a team effort and you play an important role in this dynamic. One of the best ways to communicate with your doctor is by asking questions. It is important to prepare a list questions before an appointment, (1) because time is usually limited during medical appointments and (2) many people may feel intimidated by questioning their doctor’s authority, so a prepared list will help build confidence. The questions below provide a starting point. Other questions concerning your condition may come to mind while reading this list:
- What’s the most likely cause of my symptoms?
- Are there other possible causes?
- What tests do I need?
- How does essential tremor usually progress?
- What treatments are available and which do you recommend?
- I have other health conditions. How can I best manage these conditions together?
- Should I see a Neurologist? If so, whom do you recommend?
- Are there brochures or other printed materials I can have? What websites do you recommend?
- Can essential tremor be mis-diagnosed?
- How do Essential Tremor patients respond to medications? To other available treatments?
- How do I determine which procedure is best for me?
We would love to hear from you. Contact Us if you have additional questions to add to this list.