INSIGHTEC had the opportunity and honor to take part in a very successful Essential Tremor Education Forum organized by the International Essential Tremor Foundation (IETF) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on March 10, 2018.
The IETF hosts and promotes educational programs in order to educate patients, healthcare providers and the general public about essential tremor in cities across the U.S. Find out what is happening in your community.
The IETF is doing so much for the ET community and we are excited to be collaborating with them. For ET Awareness Month, we even let them take over our Twitter account for a day.
- Becoming an advocate for ET awareness and ways that you can make a difference
- Free upcoming patient forum on June 23rd in Minneapolis
- 60 IETF support groups and links for more information
- Blog by college student and ET patient, Allison Dyke
The IETF event in Philadelphia featured insightful presentations and exhibits from industry sponsors including INSIGHTEC, Medtronic and Cala Health.
- The first presentation on the Past, Present and Future of the IETF was given by Patrick McCartney, Executive Director of the IETF.
- After a short break, Dr. Andres Deik, Assistant Professor Clinical Neurology at the University of Pennsylvania Movement Disorders Center, spoke about the history of ET, diagnosis and treatments options including FUS and DBS.
- Finally, Julia Wood, Occupational Therapist, Penn Medicine, shared tips and tools for living a healthy lifestyle with ET including getting enough sleep!
The attendees, numbering more than 200, traveled from nearby New York and Maryland, not just from the local Philadelphia area. Everyone was there to learn and asked the INSIGHTEC team many questions about the focused ultrasound treatment for essential tremor.
Debra, from the Marketing department at INSIGHTEC, spoke with many patients and surveyed several of them about their life with ET. This was a unique experience – to be in Philadelphia, meet with patients and hear their individual stories about wanting to get back to knitting or just being able to go out to a restaurant for dinner.
A heartfelt thank you from the entire INSIGHTEC team for sharing your stories and your life living with essential tremor.
Click here to take a quick survey and learn more about the Neuravive treatment.